I am honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by N S Ford Writer. From the little bit of research that I did, this is a peer recognition award given to bloggers who inspire others. Thank you so much for thinking of me, girl!
I suggest you all go and check out N S Ford Writer’s blog and say “Hey!”
The rules for the award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions I was asked:
What’s your talent? (everyone’s got at least one!)
I have a knack for figuring things out. At work, everyone comes to me to troubleshoot things – even when they aren’t in “my department” I love that feeling when I finally “get it”!
Do you read more e-books or print books?
Print books. I mostly borrow from the library. But, I occasionally will be an e-book if that’s the only version it comes in or if it’s free Kindle book.
Favorite fairy tale character?
Shrek. He’s very lovable for an ogre.
Place you’d most like to visit:
Niagara Falls. And I am finally going next year!!!! SO excited.
What do you usually have for breakfast?
Scrambled eggs with Spinach and Taylor Ham (aka pork roll), and a coffee. I eat a mostly grain-free/dairy-free diet.
A celebrity you would really like to meet:
Lauren Graham. I just think she is awesome! I love every show & movie she’s in.
Something that makes you laugh:
LuLu always makes me laugh. My husband does too. We like to laugh around here 😉
If you could time travel, which historical period would you go to?
I kind of like to keep moving forward, but I guess if I had to go back, I would choose the seventies. It seemed like a really groovy time to live.
The book you have read the most times:
The Simplicity Reader which consists of 3 books by Elaine St. James on simplifying your life. The first of the books came out in the mid 90’s and I think I read them every year or so. A lot of the situations are outdated but the overall message is still relevant.
Favorite thing about blogging:
The community. I really love having a hobby that’s just for me but I also love connecting with others doing the same thing. I met one of my best friends through blogging 🙂
Sun or moon?
Sunshine, please! Don’t get me wrong I love a clear, starry night too – but the sunshine makes me happy.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Mint Tea & Elephants, Rachael’s Thoughts, Marnie Writes, A Walk and a Lark, Ruth in Revolt, Erika Kind, The Curvaceous Vegan, But I Smile Anyway, Crunchy Leaves and Sunsets, Chi’s Secret Diary, and My Daily Journal
I realize you may have already been nominated or not wish to participate… If so, no worries!
Questions for the nominees:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What makes you lose track of time?
- What is something you would love to do before the end of this year?
- If you could choose, what would your superhero power be?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- What is your favorite dessert or nighttime snack?
- What skills have you learned since becoming a blogger?
- Cats or Dogs?
- Your favorite quote?