I’ve belonged to groups for bloggers before, but never one quite like this one. Everyone in the group is so friendly and supportive. I feel like I can really make some great friendships here.
Today, I am participating in a tag started by Em Linthorpe. If you would like to participate in the #PickledBlogs tag, please link back to Em’s blog where it all began.
How to play
- Answer the questions.
- Link back to: https://emlinthorpe.com/2018/07/06/pickledblogs-pickledblogproject/
- Use the hashtag #PickledBlogs on any social media shares so everyone can find your post, and in the title of the blog post too if you like.
- Feel free to tag some of your blogging friends at the end.
- What is your favorite pickled item to eat?
- Tell us about a time you were in a “bit of a pickle” (a tough situation)
- Pickle Rick, a character from Rick and Morty, is a personal hero of mine. Who are your heroes?
- If you had to live in a jar, what three items would you take with you?
1. What is your favorite pickled item to eat?
Crunchy Dill Pickles! Last year, I changed to a mostly “clean” or non-processed foods diet. So now, I eat pickles to satisfy that salty, crunchy craving I sometimes get. Ya know, when I don’t just say F* it and eat potato chips 😉
I honestly haven’t experienced many other pickled items in my life. Am I missing out?
2. Tell us about a time you were in a “bit of a pickle” (a tough situation)
The most recent “pickle” that we were in was on a camping week last month. One of us (I still don’t think it was me!) went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and left the water running in the motor-home’s bathroom sink.
The bathroom sink drains into the black tank (aka the poop tank) and when it’s full you have to dump it into the sewer drain. If you don’t, (and I know this first-hand) the toilet and sink will overflow.
So I woke up to the sound of water trickling onto the floor. And there was water everywhere. Fortunately, it was mostly vinyl flooring where the water had spread, and though the ground underneath us was soaking wet, it wasn’t entirely obvious to a passer-by. We were so worried someone from the campground would see it and kick us out.
We were so lucky that it didn’t cause any damage and that it wasn’t any more disgusting than it was. Even after disinfecting the floor, I couldn’t bring myself to walk around barefoot for the rest of that week!
3. Pickle Rick, a character from Rick and Morty, is a personal hero of mine. Who are your heroes?
My mom is my one and only hero. She’s rescued me so many times, I lost count. She taught me to be kind and generous, even when I have nothing to give. She also showed me how to be strong and independent. I am thankful to have her as my mom.
4. If you had to live in a jar, what three items would you take with you?
I would take dark chocolate, frozen berries, and my iPad – assuming my jar has solar power charging abilities 😉
If you are reading this…. tag, you’re it!