On day 2 of my 31 day blog challenge, I am sharing 20 facts about me.
Believe it or not, there was a similar post going around Facebook back in 2013 that inspired me to start a blog in the first place.
It was the “# of things you didn’t know about me” game where you leave a comment and the original poster gives you a number.
I got the number 7, and this is what I wrote:
- I have always dreamed about being a published writer.
- I want to visit every state in the US before I die.
- I don’t want to have children.
- I really don’t like being apart from my husband. But at the same time…
- I really treasure my alone time.
- I am lazy. I could easily spend a day lying on the couch watching movies! If only I had the time…
- I am secretly selfish. Even when I am doing unselfish things, I am secretly wanting to be selfish.
Here I am 5 years later and for the most part, all of that is still true. And it was that first response that inspired me to start a blog 5 years ago. Deep stuff, I know 😉
Anyway back to the topic at hand.
In no particular order…
Here are 20 facts about me:
- I am a first and second generation immigrant. My father and his family immigrated from Syria when he was 16 years old. And my maternal grandmother immigrated from Italy.
- I enrolled in college 6 times. I dropped out 3 times and earned 2 associates degrees.
- In high school, I played field hockey, basketball, and softball. Now, the most athletic thing I do is walk the dog or hike to find waterfalls and pretty views.
- I’ve been in the back of a police car twice – both before I was 18 years old. So, thankfully all of my juvenile indiscretions are in a sealed record somewhere… if that’s even a real thing.
- My first plane ride was to Paris, France when I was 16 years old. That was back when you could still smoke cigarettes on international flights.
- I am in my second (and last) marriage. I learned a lot of lessons the first time around. This time around, I’m doing things right. I hope 😉
- We have a beagle mix named LuLu. She has her own hashtag on Instagram and Twitter. #lulugrrl
- I currently live in the same house I grew up in. My parents bought it back in the ‘80s and my mom still owns it.
- Last summer, I was bit by a tick and contracted Lyme disease.
- My daily diet is 90% clean eating. I stick to non-processed foods and avoid grains, dairy, and refined sugar.
- Dark chocolate is the one treat I refuse to eliminate from my diet. I eat it everyday.
- I often like the “idea” of things more than the reality. I’m a dreamer.
- I really LOVE waterfalls. They are my happy place.
- I believe in working smarter, not harder.
- I work for a small, family owned company. I’ve been there for 13 years and because it’s a small compnay I have many responsibilities in the office.
- My birthday is 3 days before Christmas.
- I started my very first blog in December 2013. It is no longer online. lazydayproject.com is my only blog on the internet.
- I am an introvert in person. I am more outgoing online.
- I hate when people ask me questions about myself, especially in face-to-face conversations.
- I don’t listen, and even when I do listen – I don’t remember what was said. I think it’s because I have too many thoughts floating around inside my head. However, if I read something I usually remember it.
This is day 2 of my 31 day blog challenge.