I feel like I have a lot of favorite things and I am always saying “Oooh! That’s my favorite!” So this post should be easy to write, right?
Let me start off by saying that I am not including people or pets because 15 is just not enough to cover that. Between my husband, my family, my friends, and LuLu – there’s a bunch and I can’t leave anyone out. So I will stick to actual things – and maybe activities.
15 of my favorite things
I’ve yet to meet a waterfall I didn’t like. Even the little trickles that come out of rock-cuts along the highway are awesome. I count waterfalls as one of earth’s greatest wonders.
The soothing sounds, the magnificent beauty, the feeling of cool water spraying you when you are almost close enough to touch it – just amazing!
Living in the Poconos, I am fortunate to be surrounded by natural beauty. We have lakes, rivers, forests, mountains, and wildlife aplenty. Sometimes I stop and look around and say, “I can’t believe I get to live here!”
We went from tent camping to a HiLo camper to a motorhome and we are never going back. RV camping really is the best. We are still camping but we don’t have to pee outside. We have the best of both worlds.
I try to have as many lazy days as possible. – without guilt. Sometimes I might take it too far. But I am working on getting better. Being married to Craig, who is 100% NOT lazy, I sometimes feel bad about my lazy days or general laziness. But not bad enough to stop having lazy days altogether.
I do my best to get all of my chores and responsibilities out of the way so I can be 100% lazy on Mondays (it’s my day off!). But I do try to fit a little lazy in every day – it’s just who I am 😉
Sometime after joining the world of blogging, I learned how to customize my theme. It wasn’t long after that I became obsessed with making websites. I have made several of my own over the years and even helped some blogging friends with theirs.
Last year, I made a website for my employer and a website for my church. I was both excited and terrified but the experiences helped boost my confidence. Maybe one day I will make websites for a living. Wouldn’t that be cool?!
More of my favorite things
- Reading books – preferably ones that came from my local library.
- Binge-watching shows like The Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl, and The Vampire Diaries.
- Twilight movie marathons – especially on rainy days.
- FaceTime chats with my favorite little people. These don’t happen often enough.
- Comfy clothes. I literally change into my comfy clothes the moment I get home from work. And if I don’t have to leave the house… I’m in them all day.
- Social media. I really don’t want this to be among my favorites, but it allows me to stay in touch with far-away family and friends, stalk my favorite brands and TV shows, and make new friends all over the world. So, yeah.
- Blogging for fun. Over the years, I’ve come to love blogging as a hobby, the community, and how supportive and encouraging it is. I don’t know many hobbies where you can meet people from all over the world and get to know them well enough to count them as friends. Maybe online gaming? Maybe others? But definitely blogging.
- The FALL season. I love the cool, crisp weather, the return of comfort foods, apple-everything, leaves in shades of red and orange, and not needing heat or air conditioning.
- The color ORANGE. It instantly lifts my mood… just like sunshine.
- Date days! Most of you know them as “date nights” but my husband and I tend to go on dates on Sunday afternoons and I treasure every one of them.
Was that 15? I wasn’t expecting that to be so hard, lol. I know I am going to look back on this tomorrow and remember at least 3 things that I love and didn’t mention…
What is one of your most favorite things?
This is day 11 of my 31 day blog challenge.